There are some days that can really be improved by having a rear end collision to your car:
1. It can make you forget that you were on your way back to the doctor to see if you swallowed enough iodine to lodge in your thyroid.
2. You are no longer concentrating on how you're going to buy a new washing machine. (Our's 'died' yesterday)
3. That little kink in your neck will either get better or worse.
4. The $216 you just spent to change your cell phones from contract to prepaid doesn't seem as important as the fact that you have survived a crash with a couple small scrapes to your backside, er, back bumper.
5. It may have shaken loose some of the built up winter moss and mold on the car and it will be easier to wash now.
6. You didn't wet your pants.
7. The air bags didn't pop out and scare you so much you did more than wet your pants.
8. There were no Jesus statues and hula girls in the back window that might have come forward and embedded themselves in your head. (Can you say "projectile" people?)
9. We have now endured two rear end collisions with no whiplash. I can now turn my head around 360 degrees though. Linda Blair is my soul sister.
10. The car that hit us was not a Toyota, it was just driven by an inattentive twit. If it was a Toyota we might still be being pushed down the road at 100 mph.
And, so you have it. Another adventure on The Ides of March. Jim didn't have any adverse reaction to the two iodine pills he took. We (luckily) weren't hurt when the guy hit us. He was probably standing on his brakes too, like the guy in CA. Now we can go back to worrying about how we're going to buy a new washer (those suckers are 'spensive!); fly to Iowa to celebrate Dad's 85th birthday; have the money to see our kids and grandkids in CA that we haven't seen in almost 3 years; and most of all, hoping praying Jim doesn't have cancer from the radiation treatments he had when he was a kid.
Yup, we're just looking forward to March 16th. Gotta be better than today, huh?