USA's Overlooked Natives Need Our Help TooWhat in the heck is wrong with these billionaires? The Gates Foundation has again pledged 1.5 billion for maternal health....in developing countries. So, because we are perceived as a 'rich' country we supposedly don't have any poor people? Take a look around. Street people on every corner in all sized towns and cities. Some of them Indians, some veterans, some just society's outcasts. We can't even take care of our own who need help and you rush off to help somewhere else!
I'm sorry, I just don't get this generosity of health care when we have a gross lack of health care money available to the tribes. As I have said before, I'm not a member of any tribe, but I know government neglect when I see it. If the thinking is that if we make well, feed and care for these poor countries that they won't come here and attack us, I'm sorry, that seems backward thinking to me. I'm not without compassion, but I'm also an American first and we need to make our country stronger not be do-gooders while making our country weaker. Look at the Gates Foundation's site and you will see that their main focus in North America is on libraries and education. Look at what else they do around the world though.
Bill and Malinda, as yourselves this:
- Could I have saved an Indian child today?
- Could I have improved my own country as much as I am trying to do so in other countries.
- We keep our native peoples impoverished. Why?
- Could I have donated money to keep the mentally ill and criminals off the streets of my own nation?
- Could I have helped a veteran or active service member who has protected our country?