2. Iran has signed pacts with Chavez - Venezuela to have permanent bases of Iranian elite Republican Guard (or whatever they call their commandos). Now we have Venezuela to worry about!
3. China's oil imports from Sudan have risen six fold. Wonder why no progress has been possible in Darfur? Must be all those American dollars spent on poisoned Chinese food imports spent on Sudan's oil.
4. China expects Korea and Japan to pay 44% more for China's coal.
5. Sodium Benzoate a long time additive to sodas, approved by the FDA, actually causes cancer.
From the new book, High Society:
9. If You Think Bush Is Evil Now, Wait Until He Nukes Iran (Typepad's link button is not working. Grrr! Here is the link to the article: http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_5536.cfm ).
10. More people will be looking for information on Paris Hilton today than on how to make our planet better.
11. WASHINGTON: The Food and Drug Administration has called for the clearest safety warning on two diabetes drugs, Avandia and Actos, whose health risks have become a focus of congressional concern. (my brother is diabetic and on Avandia).
12. Our US borders are manned by idiots IMHO Re: The Speaker debacle: The CDC did alert Homeland Security officials in time to put out an alert to border agents to detain him if he tried to re-enter the country. Instead, an agent identified Wednesday as an 18-year veteran, now on administrative leave while he is investigated, waved Speaker across the border. To prevent a similar incident, Homeland Security officials said Wednesday that new rules require officers to get a supervisor's approval before they override such border warnings.
13. The last thing that war-torn Iraq needs right now is another war, but that may be what it's about to get. (The world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket and we are roasting marshmallows while Rome burns) .