Thirteen (sort of) Cool Things I Have Seen And Done
1. I saw Sputnik in orbit in 1957. I was 7 years old at the time.
2. I have been to "the" Frankenstein castle in Germany.
3. I have ridden in an Army tank (circa 1967).
4. I have toured a small sub (circa 1958).
5. I have toured a very large Trident sub (the Pennsylvania; circa 1989)
6. I have fished in the Mississippi River. (Ok, granted, that isn't cool).
7. I have lived on both coasts of the United States, and in the Midwest.
8. I saw on TV the first man to walk on the moon.
9. I have put together a book of my Yates family genealogy.
10. I have toured U. S. Grant's home in Galena, IL.
11. I have been to the top of the capitol dome in Olympia, Washington (before the 1965 quake closed it).
12. I have walked out to the middle of a train trestle. (This was more stupid than cool).
13. I have sat on a rock the size of a small car beside a roaring river (Skokomish) on a hot summer day. (This is not my picture, but the photo is authentic of what it looks like on the river)